General Library Regulations
- Smoking, consumption of food and drinks are not permitted in the Library.
- No umbrellas and parcels may be brought into the Library. Adequate storage facilities have been provided at the Library entrance. The Library bears no responsibility for any loss or misplacement of personal belongings on its premise.
- On leaving the Library, users are required to produce all books and items taken out of the Library for inspection.
- Silence must be observed strictly in the Library.
- Reservation of seats is not permitted. Unattended belongings left in reading places are likely to be removed by the Library staff.
- Pets are not allowed in the Library.
- Users must be decently dressed and proper in conduct in the Library.
- The Library staff has the right to request a user to leave the premise if he/she is found to be violating any of the Library rules.
- An annoucement will be made ten minutes before closing time and all users must vacate the premise.
- The Librarian is empowered to withhold Library facilities for any infringement of these rules.
The main purpose of these rules is to safeguard the common interest of all users and to enable the Library to carry out its functions as efficient as possible. Please be informed that disciplinary action may be taken by the UMT Disciplinary Board against any individuals found to have violated any of the library rules and regulations.